XOX

Good Omens
Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman

The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins is about gene and evolution

The Selfish Gene - Richard Dawkins

The controversial of this book came from philosophers who read books by the title only. If they have really read the book, they wouldn't come the wrong conclusion and asked Richard Dawkins stupid questions during public lecture.

Yes. It is about gene. Our gee, without really any actual thought at all, would choose to survive and live on.

The process of evolution is being explained in plain English. No wonder this is such a popular science books that last more than 30 years.

I got the 30th anniversary version. And the forward by Richard Dawkins on 2005. This is how long this is sitting on my shelf waiting for me to read it.

As book goes, this is interesting. The process of why how natural selection works in gene level is being painstakingly explained so that even someone who is not from a science background could comprehend it nicely.

The best evolution book ever

No wonder it is on the market for more than 30 years. Richard had explained evolution is such a clear language that everyone would get its meaning.

How generation plays out. How meme work, like in bird song. To the meme we have in human culture and religion.

The prisoner dilemma played out in computers let us realize that nice guy strategies works more often than nasty strategies.

Richard is wonderful in explaining what it means to be a biologist in viewing all lives as vehicles for replicators. This is a wonderful book that should be read as an introduction to evolution theory.