XOX

XOX

Buy a Bullet: An Orphan X Short Story (Evan Smoak)
Gregg Hurwitz
Faith Versus Fact: Why Science and Religion Are Incompatible
Jerry A. Coyne
Telegraph Avenue: A Novel
Michael Chabon

Ten Bookish Questions (BL Meme)

Thanks to BrokenTune for this topic.

1. What book is on your nightstand now?

Far from the Tree by Andrew Solomon. A good book that I meant to read but didn't because it is kind of heavy, as in kg, that I didn't carry it with me until recently.

2. What was the last truly great book that you read?

There are so many. The last one is You can't read this book by Nick Cohen. It is about censorship on books, and how writers and translators got murdered by Islamic religious persons for writing books. Gee..

3. If you could meet any writer – dead or alive – who would it be? And what would you want to know?

Terry Pratchett, Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Douglas Adams, Neil Gaiman. I got a long list.

4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves?

Twilight by that horrible writer Stephenie Meyer. I bought it to write a detail review on this horrible book. And it is still on the shelf as one of the worst books I have ever read.

5. How do you organize your personal library?

At first, alphabetically by author and divided by language. Now, I put them everywhere that I found space for.

6. What book have you always meant to read and haven’t gotten around to yet? Anything you feel embarrassed never to have read?

Books that were written by friends. I bought them at book launches but have not gotten to read them yet. It is embarrassing because I don't want to be quizzed on them when I met my friends. They are good books I presumed, but just not in my usual reading genre.

7. Disappointing, overrated, just not good: what book did you feel you were supposed to like but didn't? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?

My name is Red by Orhan Pamuk. It is couldn't get into it. It is annoying to read. I didn't care about the characters and found them bug me in ways that even YA novels wouldn't do.

8. What kinds of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?

Detective stories is my guilty pleasure. I would stay clear of any romance. I dislike them a lot. It bothers me that women act like air-head and make irrational decisions, then blamed it either on the man or her own gender. That's really irritates me.

9. If you could require the prime minister to read one book, what would it be?

Thinking fast and slow by Daniel Kahneman to self-check their own decision making and see the down fall of decision base on lazy thinking.

10. What do you plan to read next?

Make something up Chuck Palahniuk. Just need his weird out brand of stories for fun.