XOX

London Fields
Martin Amis
Good Omens
Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman

Chasing after the killer who took a child

The Slaughter Man - Tony Parsons

It is hard to believe that Tony Parsons who brought us Man And Boy could write such detective story.

I started with this one because it was on sale. But then detective Max Wolfe is a character that seems complex enough to be real. He has a daughter and now chasing after a killer who murdered a family and took a young boy.

The going to the "Black Museum" is a bit strange as homicide detective could not just clock out to visit the library. A plot device to link this murder to a old murder because of the unique murder weapon.

Like the story because it has tension. Not enough to be an action movie. More like a dark British style drama that has some kind of reveal in the end.

The build up is okay. 65% done and already got some confrontation that landed the detectives in the hospital.

The other dimension of the story is this very detective Wolfe has a young daughter and a dog. An ex-wife who had a new family, and has pushed the daughter towards him. So, in a sense, this is Man and Girl, with a detective and a daughter who made him promise to be there for her.

Good story telling.  I would probably read the first one after this.

Also, I like the additional stuff that built around the series.

Like having a map to the story. And the photos of the offices.

I just googled Max Wolfe and this come up.

Image result for Max Wolfe