XOX

XOX

Buy a Bullet: An Orphan X Short Story (Evan Smoak)
Gregg Hurwitz
Jerry A. Coyne
Telegraph Avenue: A Novel
Michael Chabon

2nd Bingo serial review

2nd bingo is in the middle row. This is Why I chose these books.

Goodnight Nobody - Jennifer Weiner  Goodnight Nobody - Jennifer Weiner

I hate this book. Really hate it.  1/2 star

It is about a stupid married woman with 3 children. Instead of enjoying life or finding more meaning without cheating. This woman whined about being married and had 3 children. The writer created this obnoxious character and thought any reader would care what happen to her. No. I don't care. Also, this is no detective. This is a stupid woman that hidden evidence from a crime scene when she found a body, a person she knew was murdered. The rest of the book is just as stupid when she tried and failed to investigate the murder with her ex-bf.

Stupid stupid stupid.

It is so stupid that it needs to be repeated at least 3 times.

Odd Thomas - Dean Koontz  Odd Thomas - Dean Koontz

This is the first book of the Odd Thomas series. 4.5 stars

I like Odd Thomas. The book is written in first person, like a story told by Odd.

Odd Thomas is 20 and a fried cook who could see ghost. Instead of being freaked out, he helped the ghosts to finish whatever business that was keeping them here.

And Stormy is his true love.

The story is about Odd seeing something evil. And these evils appeared when there were mass killing.

So Odd tried to solve the mystery and save everyone.

Great story. It would only make you want to read more.

I watched the movie first as I have never heard of this series before watching the film. I missed Anton.

The Nowhere Man: An Orphan X Novel (Evan Smoak) - Gregg Hurwitz  The Nowhere Man: An Orphan X Novel (Evan Smoak) - Gregg Hurwitz

Enjoyable read. 4.5 stars

Nowhere Man is the 2nd book of the series. Evon Smoak was a trained assassin by a secret government run agency since he was a child. Now, he run out of the company only to be captured for ransom.

So how did he get out when he is out numbered and out gun. He didn't lost hope and he tried to get out, because there are other people depending on his survival. He needs to get out and save another person who has called his number. A number he left for whoever needs his help. And the only reward he wants is for that person to pass on the number to the next person who needs him.

Good logic in generating business when one is still on the run. I like this series and the writer is pretty good.

The Last Dragonslayer - Jasper Fforde  The Last Dragonslayer - Jasper Fforde

I read The Last Dragon Slayer for the Magical Realism square. 4.5 stars.

This is a YA book. Jennifer Strange is a 15 year old who girl who managed a business offering services to people like clean houses and delivery pizza. The only special thing about this service agency is that all the workers use magic to finish their tasks.

Then she knew of a prophecy that a dragon is about to die.

This is the last dragon. And when it dies, people would move in and claim the land.

It is a story about self interest. And how one could get out of a jam.

Really fun read.

The Truth Is a Cave in the Black Mountains - Eddie Campbell,Neil Gaiman  The Truth Is a Cave in the Black Mountains - Eddie Campbell,Neil Gaiman

I like Neil Gaiman and this book looks good. 4 stars

It is okay but not his most imaginative work.

It is about a short man walking and trying to find a cave.

And the cave is full of riches.

What the man real intention would only show later.

Then the story turn even darker.

It is okay. Although it is illustrated, it is still an very adult book,