XOX

XOX

Rather Be the Devil
Ian Rankin
Buy a Bullet: An Orphan X Short Story (Evan Smoak)
Gregg Hurwitz
Michael Chabon
London Fields
Martin Amis

September Book a Day #9: Your Literary Crush

A Boy's Own Story - Edmund White Microserfs - Douglas Coupland The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams Parliament of Whores: A Lone Humorist Attempts to Explain the Entire U.S. Government - P.J. O'Rourke The Fry Chronicles - Stephen Fry The Vampire Lestat - Anne Rice Without Fail - Lee Child, Dick Hill Lost in a Good Book - Jasper Fforde

Literary Crush could mean liking a writer so much that I would act like a fan, who not only want to read the book, but take picture with the writer too. Also might follow the writer in the Twitter account and see what they are doing.

My first crush is for Edmund White, who wrote really good book about coming to age gay man and his sexuality. He is gay himself and made a good impression on me as a teenager.

The second one is with Douglas Coupland who wrote really interesting books that I thin represent my generation.

The third one is with Douglas Adams who let me laugh so hard that I could re-read his books and still laugh out loud.

The odd one is with P. J. O'Rourke, who is on the other side of my political spectrum. But he was right on the mark on something and he is witty as well.

Stephen Fry came in much later as a crush. But I met him and he is witty and nice.

As a virtual literary crush, a crush on character, who wouldn't like Lestat created by Anne Rice. I like him and want to be him at the same time, as a teenager.

Lee Child also created a character that a lot of people like, Jack Reacher is tough and straight forward. This character is much easier to deal.

How come no woman character? Well, I only like strong character that doesn't confuse mean as tough, and rude as strong. This hasn't happen yet, probably because I dislike women novels that are only about "relationship". I read some of those and I like it as a "balance" read. But I couldn't really say I like them that much.

The "almost" exception is with Thursday Next. I like her a lot. Not yet a crush. But almost.