566 Followers
21 Following
XOX

XOX

Currently reading

Rather Be the Devil
Ian Rankin
Buy a Bullet: An Orphan X Short Story (Evan Smoak)
Gregg Hurwitz
Progress: 12/76 pages
The Sandman, Vol. 1: Preludes and Nocturnes
Neil Gaiman, Malcolm Jones III, Karen Berger, Sam Kieth, Todd Klein, Mike Dringenberg
Bad Soldier
Chris Ryan
More Than This
Patrick Ness
The View from the Cheap Seats: Selected Nonfiction
Neil Gaiman
The Pier Falls: And Other Stories
Mark Haddon
Faith Versus Fact: Why Science and Religion Are Incompatible
Jerry A. Coyne
Telegraph Avenue: A Novel
Michael Chabon
London Fields
Martin Amis

Support independent bookstores

Stardust - Neil Gaiman Anansi Boys - Neil Gaiman American Gods - Neil Gaiman

Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer have similar concept of bookstores as I see bookstores.

 

I do not shop online for books, on principle.

 

Bookstores would introduce to me books that I might not heard of, or think of reading. This human to book or human to human interaction inside the bookstores are valuable book readers experience.

 

I think I spent at least 15% of interaction with books in a bookstores, the rest 85% of reading books. That mean I spent around 15% of reading time just trying to find something to read.

 

That's interesting. And that mean I got out of my reading genre or favorite writers, into an unknown territory of the book world.  Writers that were famous or not famous, are equally important when they are all lined up on the bookshelves inside the bookstore.

 

I don't shop Amazon at all. The empire that destroyed GR should not get any money from me.

 

I know the persons working at my local bookstores. They know that what kind of books I like, and would "alert" me when new arrival finally arrived.

 

Neil idea is to have local writer worked in a local bookstores for a day. That's like adoption experience.  I think it is a good idea. I would see if it works for the shops I know.

 

Good one.